Pochampali - the Ikat weave from Andhra








MADE IN INDIA.... my ode to all things Indian .
Thinking mellow yellow
1. Yellow, purple, blue and gold Pochampali saree. This is a very difficult weave from Andhra. I love the colours...The saree has a weave in the border that is replicated by virtue of travel across India and some other parts of the world. Andhra has another weave called the Gadwal, unfortunately my saree is in India, with Mom.
2. Blouse - forgive me , cannot find the blouse....lost in translation somewhere..lol

3. Jutties from Fab India.

4. Lakme make up...

5. Jewellry- This necklace I picked up at the Mumbai Airport, loved the colours, I thought it goes well with the saree, dont you thinks so too?



When you start looking at the weaves of India, you realise that no two states have the same weave. This was picked up by Mom at Nallis in Bangalore. Its got the lenght...very important for me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kanjeevram sarees,- a proud legacy from Tamil Nadu